Recent Posts

duminică, 9 septembrie 2012

SOMETHING - POEM BY KAY SALADY


Something


I wonder who you are
You saw me from afar
And thought, somehow, you needed me

That in my big, brown eyes you see
Something
You told me that I made your heart stand still
And took your breath away;



It was a thrill
To look into my lovely eyes
Right then and there, you realized
Something



You felt that there was sadness in my heart
You got that very notion from the start
You read between the poet's lines
Past the roses, saw through the vines
Something



Her words touched you in places that were gone
And filled the empty soul that still wept on
You felt that she needed you
And in your heart, you knew you'd do
Something



You longed to reach out with your tender heart
To heal the wounded soul that's torn apart
And through the silence, reached your hand
To try to make her understand
Something



Where there are two together, there is more
They won't have to be so lonely anymore
You reached for me, I reached for you
And past the silence, we both knew
Something



You felt the steady beating of my heart
We shared a perfect rhythm from the start
The symphony is, oh, so real
It's evident that we both feel
Something

©Kay Salady 

0 comentarii:

Trimiteți un comentariu