Recent Posts

joi, 13 noiembrie 2014

THE HEART OF HEARTS by ALAN



THE HEART OF HEARTS 
By Alan 


ABOUT THE BOOK : 

In this Anthology I have selected what are considered by myself and others to be the best and most representative of my published and unpublished Poems. I have chosen a miscellany of long poems, sonnets, dramatic and lyrical poems written over several years and published either in books, magazines, or on my Poetry Blog and Poetry Face Book Page. I wish to demonstrate and follow the example, as far as my talents allow the 'Higher Poetry', as Shelley describes in his masterly Essay 'A Defence of Poetry'. Poetry is always under threat from new fashionable attempts to undermine classical formalism, which has always proved to inspire the greatest works of English Poetry, from Chaucer, through Shakespeare and onwards to Eliot. My Spiritual Master, Sri Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi, wrote that “True Poetry springs only from the calm heart's clarity which follow the elimination of the ego by inward search and finding out that none of the five sheaths as I”. This profound statement has been my inspiration and the guiding light for my compositions. ABOUT THE POET Alan Jacobs is a well known Mystical Poet and President of the Ramana Maharshi Foundation U.K. He has made a lifelong study of mysticism and is the author of many books, including Poetic Transcreations of the Principal Upanishads, The Bhagavad Gita and the Gnostic Gospels. He has compiled the major anthology 'Poetry For the Spirit'. As a poet he is the author of four collections, Myrobalan of the Magi, Mastering Walks the Sunlit Sea, 108 Sonnets For Awakening and Selected Poems, and Long Poems for Awakening Zenda, Pearl Fishers and Ashtavakra. Amongst many other books he has written are When Jesus Lived in India, and two Novellas, Eutopia and Socrates Without Tears. He lives in London. - See more at:http://www.globalfraternityofpoets.com/…/heart-of-heart-s-c…

0 comentarii:

Trimiteți un comentariu